Last night’s show started with the discovery of a Finnish woman in the audience called Leia. I asked her if she was a Princess and she replied “For you I would be”. That made me decide to create a Satr Wars theme on stage, but as always I was distracted by latecomers.
As I followed them to their seats I spotted a Kenny Rogers lookalike and his wife. Unsure of whether to create an Islands In The Stream style singalong or a Star Wars scene, I consulted an audience member called Brian who suggested Parton and Rogers was a better option.
Accordingly, I brought “Kenny and Dolly” to the stage, posed them, cued up some music, and we all had a good old singalong.
Of course I took a photo, tweeted it, and asked “Which pop duo am I recreating here?”
The answers included:
- MissItchy daft Punk – without their helmets, for sure!
- britishadelaide – is it The Proclaimers in a few years after of them has had a sex change?
- servantofchaos oh it’s Islands in the Stream – Kenny and Dolly
- MarkSammons Kajagoogoo?
- Ec_Kelly – The blonde country singer with the boobs and the beardy bloke tht sang with her…I’m too young
- the_cardman – On the left – before a month in Edinburgh. On the right – after a month in Edinburgh.
- mike21up gotta be serge gainsberg and jane birkin doing je t’ aime
- wisebee – Dolly Parton and Kenny Rogers! I can’t see the ladies boobs to be sure though!
- BexBitchDrummer dolly n kenny or kris k & Barbara streisland xx Hug honker for me Bex Yorkshire
- LuxAdams – Apart from the complete lack of resemblence, Lindsey Buckingham & Stevie Nicks.
- chippie77 bros
- ajthring Kylie and Jason, gotta be.
- Jo_Fitz – Simon & Garfunkel!
- MeredithShizzle – The Cheeky Girls
- ThoughtsByMatt or possibly Chas & Dave
- gillkelleher – Peters and lee – though well before your time I suspect
- clairewhill Not really pop, but I’m going to say Kenny Rogers and Dolly Parton?
- ThoughtsByMatt cher and sonny
- chazzyb31 – Renee & Renata? Jennifer Warnes & Bill Medley?
- DanielMoroney Parton and Rogers.
- TheAmereMortal half of ABBA?
Honker’s campaign continues to raise money for the Royal Hospital for Sick Children. In fact, thanks to an extra 40 quid thrown in live on-air by Fred MacAulay this morning, we have reached over 2600 pounds. You can join in the donations by clicking here – DONATE
I’ll have details for you soon about how and when the auction of Irn Bru miniature taxis take place. Out of interest, how many people reading this would take part in a twitter auction were I to hold one?
Finally I took a photo of Honker with my friend and comedian Tanyalee Davis, who came to the show to protest the fact that Edinburgh buses won’t allow her onboard on her mobility scooter, even though she clearly can’t walk from Leith to the City without it.
If you have any interest in this, please contact your local member or email Tanyalee at email@example.com. With the Paralympics coming, surely the UK should be accessible to all!
That’s all for today, more to come