I am going to keep it short and sweet tonight, mainly cos I am getting a little run down and need me bed.
I wasn’t sure how tonight’s show ended up where it did until an audience member managed to clarify it for me afterwards.
Basically here are the steps:
1) I notice that a guy in the front row has a Blackberry on his lap, and he has a message.
2) I check the message and find it is an email with the subject “The Silent Poo”
3) I read the email and see it is a link to a Youtube video entitled “Poop Splash Elimination”
4) We watch the video and find it is an experiment to find how to do a poo in a toilet without getting splashback. (If you’re interested you can view it here – http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=poop+splash+elimination&aq=f )
5) I ask Sachin (the man in question) why he has this email, and he tells me it stemmed from a conversation he and his friends had about how to do a silent poo
6) I ask if this has anything at all to do with his work. He says no. I ask what he does for a living. He tells me he works at a prostate awareness charity.
7) I start talking about prostate awareness, and another audience member claps. Turns out she works for a different prostate awareness charity.
8) I then decide that we need to create a decent slogan for prostate awareness and send out a tweet looking for suggestions. Someone in the room shouted “Up yours” and we were off.
The audience’s favourite tweets were: